- Birth Date
- 13 December 1792
- Death Date
- 18 November 1859
The Alley Family initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Brigham Young Company in 1848.
The family consisted of George and Mary Symonds and their children: George Hubbard, Margaret Maria, Lydia Ann, Susan Hannah, Stephen Webb, Elizabeth Royce, and Charles Henry.
George was a Captain of Ten.
- Age at Departure: 55
- Head of Household
- A Mormon chronicle: the Diaries of John D. Lee, 1848-1876 edited and annotated by Robert Glass Cleland and Juanita Brooks (1955), 1:30-79.
- "First 100, report, 1848 June" in Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849, Brigham Young's 1848 emigration division.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1848, 2.
- Lorenzo Brown reminiscences and diaries, 1856-1900, Volume 1, 37-53.
- Nauvoo Temple Endowment Register.
- Rebaptisms in Great Salt Lake Valley: 1847-1854, 1858-1863 [Index].
- Rudger M. McArthur, compiler, Daniel Duncan McArthur: Mormon Pioneer (1990), 60-61.