- Birth Date
- 13 December 1792
- Death Date
- 18 November 1859
The Alley Family initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Brigham Young Company in 1848. This is confirmed by his obituary.
The family consisted of George and Mary Symonds and their children: George Hubbard, Margaret Maria, Lydia Ann, Susan Hannah, Stephen Webb, Elizabeth Royce, and Charles Henry.
George was a Captain of Ten in the Brigham Young pioneer company.
- Age at Departure: 55
- Head of Household
- A Mormon chronicle: the Diaries of John D. Lee, 1848-1876 edited and annotated by Robert Glass Cleland and Juanita Brooks (1955), 1:30-79.
- “Died,” Deseret News, 30 November 1859, 312.
- "Died," Mountaineer, 26 November 1859, 3.
- First 100, report, 1848 June.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1848, 2.
- Lorenzo Brown reminiscences and diaries, 1856-1900, Volume 1, 37-53.
- Nauvoo Temple Endowment Register.
- Rebaptisms in Great Salt Lake Valley: 1847-1854 : index.
- Rudger M. McArthur, compiler, Daniel Duncan McArthur: Mormon Pioneer (1990), 60-61.