- Birth Date
- 10 January 1833
- Death Date
- 13 December 1912
Hannah traveled as a single woman, arriving in Philadelphia on 5 May 1855 via the ship Juventa. The British Mission record lists her as 22 years old at the time of travel in 1855. Her baptism record in the Parish of Duffield in the County of Derby in the year 1835 has her baptized March 24, 1835 with a note that she is 2 1/3 years old. The year of birth on her grave stone and death certificate are incorrect. The 1851 England and 1860 Utah census support the earlier birth year. She later married James Smithies.
- Age at Departure: 22
- 1851 British Census
- 1851 England and Wales Census.
- 1860 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- 4th Company of 50 report, 1855 June.
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Immigration List," Deseret News, 12 September 1855, 214.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 168.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, 104.
- Philadelphia Passenger Lists, 1800-1963.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah Death Certificates.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.