- Birth Date
- 27 July 1783
- Death Date
- July 1855
His wife, Mary Ann, though listed on the PEF record with the rest of the family, died and was buried in Mormon Grove, prior to the company's departure. William, himself, died within two or three weeks after the company left Atchison, leaving his three children to complete the journey alone.
- Age at Departure: 71
- Head of Household
- Died en Route
- Ballantyne, Richard, to Brigham Young, 22 July 1855, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 33, box 23, fd. 18.
- "Immigration List," Deseret News, 12 September 1855, 214.
- "Names of Deceased P. E. Fund Passengers, June 1855." In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Bonds and Promissory Notes, reel 8, fd. 27.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 178.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 78.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.