- Birth Date
- 18 September 1830
- Death Date
- 8 October 1883
Edward traveled across the ocean with his wife Sarah and daughter Mary Jane, on the ship Underwriter, arriving in New York on 21 May 1861. First documentation to place them in Utah is Edward's rebaptism on 24 November 1861 in the Lehi Ward. Birth date confirmed by Lehi ward records.
In the Utah Territorial Militia records for 1 May 1867 Edward is "E. Ashworth" of Sanpete County. In the memories section of Edwards's Family Tree in FamilySearch is an index card that lists "Evert" as his alias.
At the time of the 1870 federal census Edward, Sarah and Mary were in Spring City, Sanpete county.
Edward's death notice in the Deseret News says he emigrated in 1861 and died at Spring City.
- Age at Departure: 30
- Head of Household
- 1861 England and Wales Census.
- 1870 Utah Census, Sanpete County.
- 1880 Utah Census.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Nauvoo Temple, Sealings and Adoptions of the Living, 1846-1857.
- Died," Deseret News, 24 October 1883, 3.
- Lehi Ward, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.