- Birth Date
- 30 May 1797
- Death Date
- 30 September 1884
We know that Truman Gilbert and his family arrived in Utah by 1850. They were rebaptized in Salt Lake City on 26 April 1851, which was prior to the arrival of that season's emigration. Their names also appear on the 1850 Utah census, which was taken in the Spring of 1851. Further research is needed to determine the exact year of their arrival and the name of the pioneer company with which they traveled.
- Age at Departure: 49
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census.
- 1860 Utah Census.
- Black, Susan Easton. Membership of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: 1830-1848 (Provo, UT: Brigham Young University, [1984-1988]).
- High Priests of Nauvoo and early Salt Lake City.
- Nauvoo Temple Endowment Register.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852" in Key to Migration Sources, Great Britain and North America: A Manual for Students Attending the Second Annual Priesthood Genealogical Research Seminar, June 19-23, 1967 (Provo: Brigham Young University Division of Continuing Education, 1967), edited by Norman Edgar Wright.
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Watt, Ronald G., Consecration Deeds Index, 1854-1868.