- Birth Date
- 16 July 1818
- Death Date
- 24 January 1892
George Christian Riser
The Riser family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Abraham O. Smoot/George B. Wallace Company in 1847. The family included George Christian, Sophia Christianna Kull, and their children Mary Ann and Joseph Hyrum.
His travel to Utah is also mentioned in the obituary of his daughter Mary Ann.
At the end of a mission, George traveled home with the Seth M. Blair/Edward Stevenson Company in 1855. His surname is “Risen” in the Blair and Earl accounts.
He sailed back to America in 1855 on the ship Isaac Jeans as he returned from missions in Europe.
- Age at Departure: 28
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 36
- Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- Emigrating journal, 1855 June-September in Edward Stevenson collection, 1849-1922, 1-39.
- George Benjamin Wallace Emigrating Company journal, 1847 June-September.
- "Mrs. M. A. R. Hayes Succumbs at Home," Ogden Daily Standard, 9 July 1919, 9.
- "Riser, George C., Account of My Mission, [7-8], in Missionary reports, 1831-1900.
- Seth M. Blair papers, 1851-1868, Reminiscence and journal, 1876, 1851-1868, 5-6.
- Sylvester H. Earl diary, 1852-1856, 6-8.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.
- William B. Wright collection, 1852-1951.