- Birth Date
- 30 October 1847
- Death Date
- 15 August 1925
Jacob is the son of Jens Jorgen Andersen (died 1849) and Maren Pedersen. He is listed with his brother Christen age 10, his mother age 37, stepfather Jens Christian Sorensen age 35. They came on the ship, John J. Boyd, 12 December 1855 to 15 February 1856.
Jacob's widowed mother had married Jens Christian Sorrenson in Denmark so Jacob is listed as Jacob Sorrenson in the 1860 Utah census.
He later changed his name to Johnson.
His obituary incorrectly says he immigrated to Utah in 1854.
- Age at Departure: 8
- 1860 Utah Census, Weber County.
- "Former Jurist Congressman Answers Call," Deseret News, 17 Aug. 1925.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 20 September 1856, 2.
- "Judge Jacob Johnson Dies at Home in Salt Lake City," Mt. Pleasant Pyramid, 21 Aug. 1925, 1.
- "Noted Sanpete Citizen Dies in Salt Lake," Manti Messenger, 21 Aug. 1925, 1.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- Utah Death Certificates.