- Birth Date
- 5 October 1820
- Death Date
- 1 November 1889
Peter and his wife Cecelia sailed to America in 1856 on the ship John J. Boyd. Cecelia's given name is listed as "Sissa" on the ship manifest, but it is Cecelia in the parish register. Their son Niels Carl Jensen died at sea.
- Age at Departure: 35
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 20 September 1856, 1.
- "Obituary," Deseret Evening News , 22 Nov. 1889, 2.
- Parish Register of Aagerup, Roskilde, Denmark.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America