- Birth Date
- 7 September 1820
- Death Date
- 26 August 1889
William came with his wife and an orphan Danish boy. He later married Caroline Iversen, who was also in this company, and his travel to Utah is mentioned in her obituary, and also in the obituary of his first wife, Margaret. Shortly after arriving in the Valley, he turned around and went back out to participate as one of the rescuers that were sent out to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
- Age at Departure: 35
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 36
- "Church Worker Dead," Salt Lake Herald, 13 Jan. 1910, 6.
- Daniel H. Wells letter, 10 November 1856; Brigham Young office files 1832-1878; General Outgoing Correspondence 1843-1876.
- Genealogy and Family Pioneer History. Mount Pleasant Historical Association
- Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1830-2008, 20 September 1856, 7.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- John Powell autobiography and journal, 1849 June-1901 April, 45-55.
- "Richfield. Obituary," Deseret Evening News, 3 Feb. 1916, 11.
- Utah, Veterans with Federal Service Buried in Utah, Territorial to 1966.
- William Morrison journal, 1851 February-1889 August, 14.