- Birth Date
- 7 September 1820
- Death Date
- 26 August 1889
William came with his wife and an orphan Danish boy. He later married Caroline Iversen, who was also in this company, and his travel to Utah is mentioned in her obituary, and also in the obituary of his first wife, Margaret. Shortly after arriving in the Valley, he turned around and went back out to participate as one of the rescuers that were sent out to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
- Age at Departure: 35
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 36
- "Church Worker Dead," Salt Lake Herald, 13 Jan. 1910, 6.
- Genealogy and Family Pioneer History. Mount Pleasant Historical Association
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- John Powell autobiography and journal, 1849 June-1901 April, 45-55.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 20 September 1856, 7.
- Morrison, William, Journal, 1851 February-1889 August, 14.
- "Richfield. Obituary," Deseret Evening News, 3 Feb. 1916, 11.
- Utah Veterans with Federal Service Buried in Utah, 1847-1966.
- Wells, Daniel H. to To all whom it may Concern, 10 November 1856. Brigham Young office files 1832-1878, General Outgoing Correspondence 1843-1876.