- Birth Date
- 11 August 1819
- Death Date
- 22 October 1901
His surname is spelled "Neilson" on the roster. Evidence that he came in 1856 is confirmed in information found in Church financial records. He also went by the name of Petersen.
He came on the ship, John J. Boyd in 1855 with his wife, Karen Sophie and children: Anne Cecilie, Karen Kirstine, and Niels Peter.
- Age at Departure: 36
- Head of Household
- 1860 Utah Census.
- 1870 Utah Census.
- 1880 Utah Census.
- 1900 Utah Census.
- "Denmark Marriages, 1635-1916."
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 20 September 1856, 5.
- Parish Register of Melby, Fredericksborg, Denmark.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.