- Birth Date
- 13 May 1824
- Death Date
- 14 October 1902
Canute traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Ezra T. Benson Company in 1849. He married Sarah Ann Nelson en route.
Then, at the end of a mission, he returned home as Captain of the Canute Peterson Company in 1856.
- Age at Departure: 25
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 32
- Company Captain
- Head of Household
- Anthon H. Lund, Scandinavian Jubilee Album (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1900).
- Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- Canute Peterson autobiography, 1900, 19-25.
- Early Missionary Database
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Funeral of Pres. Peterson," Deseret News , 20 Oct. 1902, 8.
- Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1830-2008, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 11.
- John Powell autobiography and journal, 1849 June-1901 April, 45-55.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 20 September 1856, 1,4.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 12D.
- Lever, W. H. History of Sanpete and Emery Counties, Utah: With Sketches of Cities, Towns, and Villages; Chronology of Important Events; Records of Indian Wars; Portraits of Prominent Persons, and Biographies of Representative Citizens (Salt Lake City: Tribune Job Printing Co, 1898), 337
- Madsen, Andrew, Autobiographical sketch ca. 1908.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Morrison, Mary Margaret Forquhar Cruickshank, Reminiscences, 4-5. Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.
- Morrison, William, Journal, 1851 February-1889 August, 14.
- Nielsen, Jens Christian, History of Jens Christian Nielsen, 1847-1888 , 60-61.
- Nielsen, Jens Christian, Reminiscences, 55-56. Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- Peterson, Canute, Autobiography 1900, 140-41.
- Pett, James, [Autobiography], in Marble, B. Glen, comp., Mormon Marbles: Roots and Branches [1977?], 71-74.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.