- Birth Date
- 10 July 1837
- Death Date
- 18 August 1911
William sailed to America in 1855 on the ship William Stetson and no Showell family members accompanied him.
The first time William crossed the plains was in 1856 in the Canute Peterson Company. He later returned to Nebraska where he married Elizabeth Sheddon and three children were born to them there. The family then returned to Utah, probably in 1864 or 1865, because their next child was born in September of 1865. Further research is needed to determine the year of their arrival in Utah and the name of the pioneer company with which they traveled.
William's birth and death dates are confirmed by his death certificate.
- Age at Departure: 18
- Age at Departure: Unknown
- Head of Household
- 1860 Nebraska Census.
- 1900 Utah Census.
- “Active Career Comes to End," Salt Lake Tribune, 19 Aug. 1911, 14.
- Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1830-2008, 20 September 1856, 7.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Thirteenth Ward record of members, 1841-1890
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.