- Birth Date
- 10 July 1837
- Death Date
- 18 August 1911
The first time William crossed the plains was in 1856 in the Canute Peterson Company. He later returned to Nebraska where two of his surviving children were born (Mary Jean and Richard). The family then returned to Utah (probably in 1864 or 1865) because the next child was born in September of the latter year.
His birth and death dates are confirmed by his death certificate.
- Age at Departure: 18
- Age at Departure: Unknown
- Head of Household
- 1860 Nebraska Census.
- 1900 Utah Census.
- “Active Career Comes to End," Salt Lake Tribune, 19 Aug. 1911, 14.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 20 September 1856, 7.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- Thirteenth Ward record of members, 1859-1870.
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.