- Birth Date
- 16 November 1816
- Death Date
- 10 January 1891
Maren Pedersen Sorensen
Evidence that she came in 1856 is confirmed in information found in 1857 Church financial records. She came on the ship, John J. Boyd, in 1855. She came with her husband, Jens age 35, her age 37, Jens Peter, age 5, Soren, age 4, Johanne Marie age3, who died at sea. Also listed was Christen Jensen age 10, Jacob Jensen age 8, Jens Christian Jensen age 18 and Mette Marie Olsen age 24. Information about the deaths of these individuals can not be located. Maren is often refered to as "Mary."
- Age at Departure: 39
- 1860 Utah Census, Weber County.
- 1870 Nevada Census
- 1880 Utah Census, Sanpete County.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 20 September 1856, 2.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files (CR 376 1), 1850-1887.