- Birth Date
- 22 March 1844
- Death Date
- 25 August 1901
Mary Maud Bathgate
Mary and her mother sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Enoch Train.
She was known by the surname "Bathgate" while traveling to Utah.
A "Mary Bathgate" was rebaptized 22 November 1857 in Utah in the American Fork Ward, but her birth date is not given, so we don't know if this ordinance for was performed the mother or daughter.
The poem which her mother wrote that appears in "Short History of Mary Bathgate Logan Adams" confirms her travel to Utah with her mother in the Daniel D. McArthur pioneer company.
FamilySearch shows her name as "Mary Maud Bathgate," but I have not located any document which shows "Maud" being part of her name.
- Age at Departure: 12
- American Fork Ward, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Find a Grave
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 26 September 1856, 33.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 166.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- “Short History of Mary Bathgate Logan Adams, Hand Cart Pioneer to Utah 1856," p. 2-3.