- Birth Date
- 25 December 1842
- Death Date
- 12 January 1913
Henry arrived in New York on 6 July 1866 via the ship Arkwright. He was traveling alone. Overland company records indicate he purchased only 1 adult food ration, so likely he traveled alone on this part of his journey as well. However, on the Thompson company records, his surname is spelled "Aairmet." If this is a correct spelling, he may have been related to many others traveling on the company with the same surname. The ship records record the name as Amott.
Memorandum book 2 indicates that he ("H. Emmet") left the company at O"Fallon's Bluff. It is not certain if he continued on to the Valley with another company at this point or turned back.
- Age at Departure: 23
- 1880 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- Captain Daniel Thompson, memoranda book (1), 1866.
- “Captain Daniel Thompson, memoranda book (2), 1866,” in Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.