- Birth Date
- 17 June 1821
- Death Date
- 22 February 1904
John, his wife Jane, children James, Janet and Mary came from Scotland in 1856 on the ship Enoch Train. Their son William was born in Iowa.
His name was recorded in the PEF ledger in 1863 as "John Fiew." The company he traveled with was noted in local church financial records. He came with his wife and four children.
His birth date is confirmed by Find A Grave website.
- Age at Departure: 29
- Head of Household
- 1860 Utah Census, Cache County.
- Daniel Duncan McArthur Emigrating Company journal, 1856 May-September.
- "Emigrants for Utah," Deseret News, 6 August 1856, 8.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 26 September 1856, 31.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 275.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 162.
- Utah Death Certificates.