- Birth Date
- 12 September 1818
- Death Date
- 26 September 1905
Joseph Argyle Sr.
The Argyle family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Enoch Train.
His travel to Utah is mentioned in the obituary of his daughter, Priscilla.
- Age at Departure: 37
- Head of Household
- Ann Ham Hickenlooper, Diary of Ann Ham Hickenlooper, wife of William Hanney Hickenlooper, crossed the plains with the first handcart co., arrived in Salt Lake City 26. Sept., 1856 and record of work done for the dead (Salt Lake City, Utah: Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 1957).
- Argyle, Joseph, Reminiscences and journal, 1870 May-1894 Oct., 63.
- “Death Claims Mrs. Warner, Early Pioneer of Moab,” Times Independent, 29 December 1932, 1.
- "Emigrants for Utah," Deseret News, 6 August 1856, 176.
- Find a Grave
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 26 September 1856, 27.
- Missionary Database
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 217.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 156.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America