- Birth Date
- 10 February 1820
- Death Date
- 13 January 1915
John Ash Jr.
John, his wife Sophie, mother Sarah, nephew Joseph, children Ellen and Elizabeth sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Enoch Train.
Evidence that he came in 1856 is confirmed in information found in Church financial records. Came with wife and 2 children.
- Age at Departure: 36
- Head of Household
- 1860 Utah Census, Cache County.
- 1900 Utah Census.
- Edmund Ellsworth Emigrating Company papers, 1856, Folder contents: (1) Journal, 1856 June-September.
- "Emigrants for Utah," Deseret News, 6 August 1856, 176.
- Find a Grave
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 6.
- "John Ash Laid Away," The Journal, 19 January 1915, p. 1.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 26 September 1856, 26.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 154.
- Preator, Richard, to Mr Albert Jones, Handcart Veterans Association, 26 August 1907. Handcart Veterans Association, Scrapbook, 1906-1914, fd. 3.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.