- Birth Date
- 11 September 1809
- Death Date
- 22 September 1856
Jean Michel Rochon
He crossed the Atlantic Ocean with his wife, Susanna and four children (Elizabeth, Pierre, Margarita and Michele) via the ship John J. Boyd, arriving in New York on 15 February 1856. It is uncertain how many of the children actually made the overland journey. On ship records, he is listed with the given name of "Giovanni." Though two separate promissory notes seem to indicate that 3 of the children survived the journey, most likely Elizabeth, Pierre and Margarite.
- Age at Departure: 46
- Head of Household
- Died en Route
- Italian map of early branches.
- John Oakley journal excerpt, 1856 June-August.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Bonds and Promissory Notes, reel 8, fd. 28.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 148.
- Piedmont Project family group sheets.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America