- Birth Date
- 25 December 1803
- Death Date
- 17 August 1856
Jean Pierre Stalle
Emigrated from Italy with his wife and four children. They joined the Ellsworth company at Florence, Nebraska.His death date is recorded in Ann Ham's diary. The company he traveled with was noted in local church financial records. In some sources the surname is spelled "Staley."
- Age at Departure: 52
- Head of Household
- Died en Route
- Ann Ham Hickenlooper, Diary of Ann Ham Hickenlooper, wife of William Hanney Hickenlooper, crossed the plains with the first handcart co., arrived in Salt Lake City 26. Sept., 1856 and record of work done for the dead (Salt Lake City, Utah: Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 1957).
- Barker, Margaret Stalle, Reminiscences, 8, in Rebecca Cardin Hickman, "History of Susanna Goudin Cardon," item 2, in [Biographical sketches of the Cardon family, 1934-1960].
- Edmund Ellsworth Emigrating Company papers, 1856, Folder contents: (1) Journal, 1856 June-September.
- Italian map of early branches.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 148.
- Piedmont Project family group sheets.