- Birth Date
- 4 June 1813
- Death Date
- 22 September 1892
William Bell Stoddart
With his family William raveled from England aboard the ship S. Curling in 1856. His profession on Mormon Migration is listed as marble polisher. The family surname is spelled "Stoddard" on theaBOUT ship manifest. The Ellsworth Journal lists all of the Stoddart (two families) traveling together, with Robert at the head, although they are all listed together, note that there were two separate Stoddart families - Robert and Margret with their three children (Dinah, James, and Mary), and William and Margaret with their seven children (Caleb, Hannah, Jane, Margaret, Mary, Robert, and Sarah). They are also listed as separate families in the PEF Ledger (though both families appear on the same page).
- Age at Departure: 43
- Robert Stoddart (Age: 51)
- Margaret Mariah Stoddart (Age: 40)
- Margaret Mariah Stoddart (Age: 38)
- Caleb Stoddart (Age: 18)
- Robert Stoddart (Age: 16)
- James Stoddart (Age: 14)
- Jane Stoddart (Age: 12)
- Mary Stoddart (Age: 11)
- Sarah Stoddart (Age: 10)
- Hannah Stoddart (Age: 8)
- Dinah Stoddart (Age: 6)
- Mary Stoddart (Age: 3)
- Margaret Stoddart (Age: 1)
- 1860 Utah Census, Sanpete County.
- Edmund Ellsworth Emigrating Company papers, 1856, Folder contents: (1) Journal, 1856 June-September.
- Find a Grave
- John Oakley journal excerpt, 1856 June-August.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 26 September 1856, 29.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 254.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 310.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 192.
- Walters, Archer, Diary 1856 Mar.-Sept., 9-16.