- Birth Date
- 6 April 1805
- Death Date
- 26 July 1856
He was killed by lightning.
- Age at Departure: 51
- Died en Route
- Ann Ham Hickenlooper, Diary of Ann Ham Hickenlooper, wife of William Hanney Hickenlooper, crossed the plains with the first handcart co., arrived in Salt Lake City 26. Sept., 1856 and record of work done for the dead (Salt Lake City, Utah: Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 1957).
- Bridges, Charles Henry, Autobiographical sketch [ca. 1885], 2.
- Butler, William, Journal, in Daughters of Utah Pioneers, Collection, 1828-1963, reel 11, item 3.
- Edmund Ellsworth Emigrating Company papers, 1856, Folder contents: (1) Journal, 1856 June-September.
- "Emigrants for Utah," Deseret News, 6 August 1856, 8.
- John Oakley journal excerpt, 1856 June-August.
- Kettle, John, Journal, 1856, 2-3, MSS SC 1688.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Bonds and Promissory Notes, reel 8, fd. 28.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 192.
- Phillips, Jonah. Historical Journal of Jonah Phillips.
- Walters, Archer, Diary 1856 Mar.-Sept., 9-16.