- Birth Date
- 5 March 1838
- Death Date
- 7 March 1884
In some sources his surname is spelled "Waring". There is another George "Wearing" who crossed the plains in John D. Holladay's 1866 out-and-back company. The George in 1866 is traveling with very little luggage. It is possible that the George who emigrated in 1856 crossed the plains again in 1866 to help some of his family members make the trip. Further research is needed to confirm that theory.
- Age at Departure: 18
- Edmund Ellsworth Emigrating Company papers, 1856, Folder contents: (1) Journal, 1856 June-September.
- "Emigrants for Utah," Deseret News, 6 August 1856, 8.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 26 September 1856, 26.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 170.
- Preator, Richard, to Mr Albert Jones, Handcart Veterans Association, 26 August 1907. Handcart Veterans Association, Scrapbook, 1906-1914, fd. 3.