- Birth Date
- 25 October 1821
- Death Date
- 11 November 1907
Robert Taylor Burton
Burton served as the bugler of company of the 1848 Brigham Young Company. Handcart Veterans Association records indicate that Burton was among those who rescued the handcart companies stranded in Wyoming in the winter of 1856.
- Age at Departure: 26
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 34
- 1900 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- Broomhead, William, Diary, 1856 Oct-1857 Apr.
- Burton, Robert Taylor, 1821-1907, Autobiography, [n.d.].
- Burton, Robert Taylor, Diaries 1856-1907, Record book, circa 1856 October-November.
- Burton, Robert Taylor to S. S. Jones, Handcart Veterans Association, 9 Nov. 1906. Handcart Veterans Association, Scrapbook, 1906-1914, fd. 2.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "First 100, report, 1848 June," In Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849, Brigham Young's 1848 emigration division.
- "Funeral of General Burton," Deseret News, 12 November 1907, 2.
- "Gen. R. T. Burton Ends His Career," Deseret News, 11 November 1907, 1.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 4.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 6.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 7.
- Heber C. Kimball journals, 1848 June-July and 1848 July-September, in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- History of Utah, vol. 4, p. 185
- Huntington, Oliver Boardman, Diary and reminiscences, 1843 June-1900 January [transcript], 105-107.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 18.
- Utah, Veterans with Federal Service Buried in Utah, Territorial to 1966.
- Utah Death Certificates.