- Birth Date
- 15 October 1817
- Death Date
- 16 May 1882
John and Harriet traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Edward Bunker Company in 1856. Their niece Elizabeth traveled with them also. Evidence that they came in 1856 is found in 1857 Church financial records. His name was mistakenly indexed as John Moyle in the Mormon Migration Database under 1856 S. Curling manifest. The original record lists his name as Parry.
At the end of a mission to Europe, John returned home with the Joseph S. Rawlins Company in 1868. Their is two John Perry's in the 1868 Joseph S. Rawlins Company. One as a missionary and the other with his family.
- Age at Departure: 38
- Age at Departure: 50
- Returning Missionary
- "Captain Joseph S. Rawlins, list of passengers, 1868." In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains' accounts 1862-1868. (CR 376 8, Box 2, Folder 7)
- Captain Joseph S. Rawlins Company (second ox train), manifest, 1864.
- Daniel Spencer letter to Franklin D. Richards printed in "Foreign Correspondence," Millennial Star, 2 August 1856, 489-90.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 2 October 1856, 12.
- "Local and Other Matters: Elders Arrived," Deseret Evening News, 20 August 1868, 3.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Missionary Record Index
- Parry, John, Reminiscences and diary, 1857 Mar.-1867 Sept., 55-60.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 178.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- Zebulon Jacobs reminiscences and diaries, 1861-1867.