- Birth Date
- 11 December 1841
- Death Date
- 11 July 1910
Alfred was the son of Thomas and Margaret. His birth and death dates are confirmed by is death certificate and the inscription on his gravestone.
Alfred came with his parents to the United States aboard the S. Curling. The original records list him with his family. However, the Mormon Migration Database did not index him.
- Age at Departure: 14
- Bradley, A. A., to Sect. Jones, Handcart Veterans Association, 24 September 1907. Handcart Veterans Association, Scrapbook, 1906-1914. Fd 3.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 6.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 2 October 1856, 6.
- "Long Suffering Ended in Death of Alfred Rees," Salt Lake Herald-Republican, 12 July 1910, 7.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 184.
- Reese, Henry D. to Albert Jones, Handcart Veterans Association, 25 September 1907, in Handcart Veterans Association, Scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 3.
- "Spanish Fork. Pioneer Alfred Rees Dies After Long Illness," Deseret News, 13 July 1910, 3.