- Birth Date
- About 1798
- Death Date
She was a widow who sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Horizon. The ship manifest shows her name as "Helen Atherton," and her daughter, "Helen Atherton" age 20, was listed as traveling with her. We do not know if she survived the trip and arrived in Utah. Neither of their names appear on the 1860 Utah census.
- Age at Departure: 58
- Head of Household
- Historians Office Record of Members (Minnie Margetts file).
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 67.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 258.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America