- Birth Date
- 13 May 1822
- Death Date
- 13 September 1889
He is the son of Ann. Different sources record different birth years. They vary from 1820, 1822, 1823, and 1827. There are also differences in the birth date in sources: May 13 and July 13. We have chosen to record it as May 13, 1822, but if an original birth or christening record were found, we would welcome reviewing this.
- Age at Departure: 34
- Endowments of the living, 1851-1884.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 7.
- Historians Office Record of Members (Minnie Margetts file).
- Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1830-2008, 30 November 1856, 71.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Names of Persons and Sureties Indebted to the Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company from 1850 to 1877 Inclusive .
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 244.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.