- Birth Date
- 22 March 1807
- Death Date
- 11 December 1888
Martha, her children Samuel, Sarah and Thomas came from England in 1856 on the ship Horizon.
William Wallwork was taken care of by Martha after his father (Thomas Wallwork) died en route.
- Age at Departure: 49
- Head of Household
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 7.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 7, 69.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 234.