- Birth Date
- 19 September 1812
- Death Date
- November 1856
Richard John Blakey
Richard came with his and family. His surname is "Blakely" in Journal History.
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Horizon.
A sixteen-year-old Caroline Blakey also traveled with the family and was listed on the ship manifest as a "Spinster." We have not been able to confirm that she arrived in Utah.
- Age at Departure: 43
- Head of Household
- Died en Route
- "Died," Deseret News, 13 Aug, 1879, 448.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 7.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 7, 71.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 248.