- Birth Date
- 25 May 1837
- Death Date
- 12 November 1856
Alfred Bloomfield Bridge
He was sealed in the St. George Temple in 1877 to Frances Elizabeth Burge, another member of the Martin company. This ordinance was performed at the request of James G. Bleak, their branch president in England. She died July 9, 1856, before the Martin company left from Iowa City.
He sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Horizon.
- Age at Departure: 19
- Died en Route
- Bleak, James G. to John Moore, 3 Dec. 1856, in Moore family, Papers, 1846-1876, item 3.
- Bleak, James Godson, Journal 1854 Feb.-1860 Feb.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Martin's Handcart Company, 1856," Salt Lake Herald-Republican, 24 November 1907.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 67.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 232.
- Rogerson, Josiah, Reminiscence , 22-28.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America