- Birth Date
- 23 June 1818
- Death Date
- 12 July 1891
His family's surname is "Collins" on the roster. Evidence that he came in 1856 is confirmed in information found in 1857 Church financial records.
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Horizon. The ship manifest lists their surname as “Collins.”
- Age at Departure: 38
- Head of Household
- Historians Office Record of Members (Minnie Margetts file).
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 7, 65.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 232.
- Scoville, Mark, e-mail communication, 3 Apr. 2004
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- William L. Spicer Binder biography and journal, undated, 8-19.