- Birth Date
- 5 November 1811
- Death Date
- 1 May 1880
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Horizon. The index to the ship manifest lists their surname as “Crofsley.”
Her daughter, Mary Ann Smith (Crossley), left the family at Iowa City and returned to England according to family sources. Her husband came to Utah in 1855.
- Age at Departure: 44
- Head of Household
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 7.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 69.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 240.
- Sessions, Sarah Crossley. Autobiographical Sketch.