- Birth Date
- About 1841
- Death Date
Aaron Barnet Giles
Aaron was born in Poland. With his family he emigrated to Somerset, England. Upon the urging of church leaders, he left his family behind in England to go to America. While traveling with the Martin company in early October, he lagged behind and was left by the company. He was found by soldiers and decided to stay with them rather than rejoin the handcart company. By 1861, he had returned to England.
He sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Horizon.
- Age at Departure: 15
- 1861 England and Wales Census.
- 1881 England and Wales Census.
- Giles, Aaron Barnet, to Barnet Moses Giles , 3 Dec. 1856, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, box 25, fd. 16.
- Giles, Barnet Moses, to Brigham Young, Jan. 26, 1857, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, box 25, fd. 16.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Jaques, John, [Diary], in Stella Jaques Bell, Life History and Writings of John Jaques , 118-22, 129, 134-37, 140-41, 143-44, 150.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 8, 76.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 264.