- Birth Date
- 3 June 1837
- Death Date
- 2 October 1909
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Horizon. Aaron dropped out of the company at Ft. Laramie and enlisted in the army. He continued on to the Valley as a member of Johnston's army, arriving the spring of 1858.
- Age at Departure: 19
- Age at Departure: 20
- 1900 California Census
- California, Death Index, 1905-1939.
- Harrison, George, "'Beef Steak' Harrison," in Treasures of Pioneer History, 6 vols. [1952-57], 2:105-115.
- Historians Office Record of Members (Minnie Margetts file).
- Josiah Rogerson, "Martin's Handcart Company, 1856," Salt Lake Herald-Republican, 3 November 1907.
- Journal History of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 73.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 244.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America