- Birth Date
- 24 August 1841
- Death Date
- 2 February 1921
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Horizon.
Even though he was only fourteen years old, he left the company in October because he was too weak to go any further. He found an Indian family who fed him. When his father discovered him, a mountaineer, who was married to a Sioux, persuaded him to let George live with them while his family continued on. In the spring, George made his way to Fort Laramie where he discovered his brother, Aaron, had enlisted in Johnston's army. Both boys continued on to the Valley with the army.
- Age at Departure: 14
- Age at Departure: 15
- 1900 Utah Census.
- Harrison, George, "'Beef Steak' Harrison," in Treasures of Pioneer History, 6 vols. [1952-57], 2:105-115.
- Harrison, George, in Utah Stake, Genealogical Committee, Personal Histories, ca. 1917, 1:197.
- Historians Office Record of Members (Minnie Margetts file).
- Journal History of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 73.
- "Passing Events," Improvement Era, March 1921, 465.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 244.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-Day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah Death Certificates.