- Birth Date
- 11 February 1786
- Death Date
- October 1856
Josiah Rogerson mistakenly identified him as "John Hartley" in the list he compiled of Martin's company published in 1914 (see Journal History, 30 November 1856, 7).
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Horizon.
- Age at Departure: 70
- Head of Household
- Died en Route
- 1851 England and Wales Census.
- Historians Office Record of Members (Minnie Margetts file).
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 63.
- Manchester Branch Records
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 236.