- Birth Date
- 25 November 1822
- Death Date
- 28 April 1903
Hannah was a widow. She traveled with her step-son James (age 14), and her two daughters: Margaret Ann (age 5) and Hannah (age 3).
Her birth and death dates are confirmed by the inscription on her gravestone, and her name is shown there as "Hannah Sinfield."
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Thornton.
- Age at Departure: 33
- Head of Household
- 1900 Utah Census.
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 7, 64.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 218.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.