- Birth Date
- 29 January 1835
- Death Date
- 5 January 1904
There has been some confusion as to whether Mary's surname was "Haydock" or "Haddock." She is listed on the 1856 Horizon ship manifest with the surname of "Haydock," as is her mother Elizabeth. It appears that members of this family who did not go to Utah kept the "Haddock" spelling, but Elizabeth and Mary changed the spelling to "Haydock" when they came to America. The Sanpete County, Utah Death Register, 1898-1905 shows her name as "Mary Haydock Luke." Contemporary primary sources also list her mother's surname as "Haydock."
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Horizon.
- Age at Departure: 21
- 1900 Utah Census.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 7.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 7.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 71.
- "Manti Locals," Manti Messenger, 7 January 1904, p. 12.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 240.
- Sanpete County, Utah Death Register, 1898-1905.
- Utah Death Certificates.