- Birth Date
- 26 March 1821
- Death Date
- 30 November 1905
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Horizon.
- Age at Departure: 35
- Head of Household
- 1900 Utah Census, Cache County.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 7.
- Historians Office Record of Members (Minnie Margetts file).
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 7, 68.
- "Mrs. Mary C. Cowley Dead," Deseret Evening News, 4 December 1905, p.9.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 236.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah Death Certificates.