- Birth Date
- About 1846
- Death Date
William's age is listed as 10 on the manifest for the ship Horizon but we have been unable to prove any family or relational association with other passengers. Further research is needed to prove his identity.
- Age at Departure: 10
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 7.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 7, 65.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 262.