- Birth Date
- About 1799
- Death Date
Elizabeth was traveling as a widow. Her surname is spelled Johnston on the roster for the ship Horizon.
- Age at Departure: 57
- Bleak, James G. to John Moore, 3 Dec. 1856, in Moore family, Papers, 1846-1876, item 3.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 67.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 252.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America