- Birth Date
- About 1801
- Death Date
- 21 October 1856
He died at Bessemer Bend camp. In Patience Loader's reminiscence she calls him Bro. Laurey. His death is incorrectly recorded as October 6 in some sources.
He sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Horizon.
- Age at Departure: 55
- Died en Route
- Bell, Stella Jaques, Life History and Writings of John Jaques , 307.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 7.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 7, 20.
- Patience L. Archer reminiscences, undated, 57-92.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 244.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Stella Jaques Bell, Life History and Writings of John Jaques: Including a Diary of the Martin Handcart Company (Rexburg, Idaho: Ricks College Press, 1978), 118-22, 129, 134-37, 140-41, 143-44, 150.