- Birth Date
- 27 January 1862
- Death Date
- 19 September 1927
Shepherd, his father, aunt, and grandmother traveled overseas on the ship Arkwright arriving in New York on 6 July 1866. Their was another grandson by the name of Sutcliffe on the ship with them but their is no proof that he came to Utah.
The group traveled together with Mary's daughter Susan Crossley Broadbent and her family. Only George (husband of Susan) is listed on the company records, as head of household. However, there is a notation indicating he purchased 6 1/2 adult food rations for the overland journey, indicating that his wife's family was traveling with them. There may have been more in this traveling group as these people would likely not have needed that amount of food, but further research is needed to determine that.
- Age at Departure: 4
- 1870 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- “Captain Daniel Thompson, memoranda book (2), 1866,” in Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868.
- Eastern Idaho Death Records Database.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 347.