- Birth Date
- 8 September 1833
- Death Date
- 1 February 1924
She sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Horizon. The ship manifest lists her as a "Spinster."
Tamar shared a PEF bond and traveled with the John Jaques family to Iowa. There she joined her parents, brother and sisters who had sailed the previous year.
- Age at Departure: 22
- 1910 Utah Census.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 4.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 6.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 7.
- Idaho Death Certificates, 1911-1937
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Jaques, John, [Diary], in Stella Jaques Bell, Life History and Writings of John Jaques , 118-22, 129, 134-37, 140-41, 143-44, 150.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 7, 60.
- Patience L. Archer reminiscences, undated, 57-92.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 260.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-Day Saint Immigration to America