- Birth Date
- 25 December 1816
- Death Date
The Platt Family History indicates that Charles was assigned to settle in Fort Harmony after arriving in the valley. We are unable to trace him further.
Charles and Mary sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Horizon.
- Age at Departure: 39
- Head of Household
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 7.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 7, 62.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 244.
- Stella Jaques Bell, Life History and Writings of John Jaques: Including a Diary of the Martin Handcart Company (Rexburg, Idaho: Ricks College Press, 1978), 118-22, 129, 134-37, 140-41, 143-44, 150.