- Birth Date
- 2 February 1817
- Death Date
- 16 December 1856
Although family histories report that he died en route on the trail, his wife reported (in 1865) a specific date of death just shortly after their arrival in Salt Lake.
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Horizon.
- Age at Departure: 39
- Head of Household
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 7.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 7, 71.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 258.