- Birth Date
- 13 May 1843
- Death Date
- 31 July 1925
Heber Robert McBride
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Horizon.
The McBride family's travel to Utah with the 1856 Edward Martin Company is confirmed by the obituary of Ether Enos McBride.
Different sources show his death date to be either 29 or 31 July.
- Age at Departure: 13
- Age at Departure: 22
- "Alberta Pioneer Called By Death," Deseret News, 8 Aug. 1925, 3:VII.
- Heber R. McBride autobiography, circa 1868, 28-46.
- Heber Robert McBride autobiography, circa 1868, 9-15.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 74.
- McBride, H[eber] R[obert], "Tounge nor Pen Can Never Tell the Sorrow: Heber McBride Describes the 1856 Martin Handcart Disaster," Crossroads Newsletter , spring 1994, 3-4.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 248.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.