- Birth Date
- 11 November 1803
- Death Date
- 21 October 1856
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Horizon.
The McBride family's travel to Utah with the 1856 Edward Martin Company is confirmed by the obituary of Ether Enos McBride.
- Age at Departure: 52
- Head of Household
- Died en Route
- "Early Pioneer Answers Final Summons," Pleasant Grove Review, 21 July 1933, 5.
- Heber Robert McBride autobiography, circa 1868, 9-15.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 7, 74.
- McBride, E. E., Autobiographical sketch, 1-4. (Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.)
- McBride, Peter Howard, [Life sketch], in Susan Arrington Madsen, I Walked to Zion , 44-46.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America