- Birth Date
- 13 October 1782
- Death Date
- 2 October 1856
Mary was traveling with and sharing a PEF Bond with the James Steele family. James' sister Anne was married to Mary's son John, who traveled in 1852. Mary died en route and was buried ten miles east of Chimney Rock.
- Age at Departure: 73
- Died en Route
- Bell, Stella Jaques, Life History and Writings of John Jaques , 306.
- Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1830-2008, 30 November 1856, 7.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 236.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America